ENDING HUNGER STARTS WITH THE CHILD
Help us take that message to your church with Hunger Sunday!
What is Hunger Sunday?
Hunger Sunday is a nation-wide day in partnership with Food for the Hungry to spread awareness about child sponsorship.
When is Hunger Sunday?
We’ve designated May 7th the official Hunger Sunday in an effort to unify churches all across the country. However if this conflicts with your church schedule we’re happy to help you select another day.
What does my church have to do in order to participate?
Participating in Hunger Sunday is easy! Here’s what’s involved:
- Let us know you'd like to participate by registering below
- Make a short presentation to your church about child hunger and invite them to sponsor a child. (Food for the Hungry will supply additional information)
- Show the video that Food for the Hungry will provide
- Set up a table so others have the opportunity to sponsor a child
How do I get started?
Food for the Hungry is here to help you along the way by providing you resources and tools to make your event a success. Here are the next steps:
- Approach your pastor, minister, or group leader with the idea to host Hunger Sunday. We’ll provide you with all the tools you’ll need for the decision makers in your church. Click here to download the invitation letter.
- Once your church is on board, register your event.
- Once you register, Food for the Hungry send you a kit with everything you’ll need to make your event a success.
Why Child Sponsorship?
When you sponsor a child, you not only walk with that child, but with their entire community. Through child sponsorship, Food for the Hungry actively partner with churches, leaders, and families to build transformational relationships, usher justice, and renew communities so God’s purpose is revealed in each person we serve.
We seek to end ALL forms of human poverty by going into the hard places and closely walking with the world’s most vulnerable people. Children who are sponsored with Food for the Hungry are at the core of what drives community development.
Can you give me an example?
John lives in the Philippines. He was eight years old when he became a sponsored child with FH. His parents work hard, but still have a hard time providing for their three children. Now, at age 11 John attends school and other Bible classes. John is also learning to play the guitar with the help of a youth volunteer and he hopes to serve on the worship team at his church in the near future. See more of John’s story by clicking here. You can find many more stories just like John’s here.
Give your church the opportunity
To live out the direct call of God from Micah 6:8: “What does the Lord require of you? To do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God.”We hope you’ll join us in furthering the message of hope through feeding the physical and spiritual needs of the world’s most vulnerable children.
Join us in the conversation by using #HungerSunday on your social media platforms.
Hunger Sunday Registration
Thank you for your interest in participating in HUNGER SUNDAY at your church! Please complete the information below by April 7th
YOUR HUNGER SUNDAY KIT HAS NEARLY EVERYTHING YOU'LL NEED INCLUDING:
- Child sponsorship packets
- Stickers for staff and volunteers to wear
- A flash drive with digital resources such as Hunger Sunday printable posters for you to post around your campus, a short video on child sponsorships that you can show your congregation, volunteer training information, and digital graphics for you to share on your social media.
- A Fed Ex Shipping tag for returning your sponsorship packets
THE ITEMS YOU’LL NEED TO PROVIDE:
- A table where volunteers will accept completed registration cards for sponsorship
- Volunteers to serve at the table
Still have questions? You can direct them to our Church Engagement Team at C2C@fh.org