Friends of Food for the Hungry (FH) have done some pretty amazing things to serve vulnerable communities around the world. From matching gift drives to selling handcrafted products or running a 5K, there are endless ways you can use your influence to advocate for the most vulnerable. One easy way you can help those in poverty is to pledge your birthday and start a Facebook fundraiser!
Your birthday is only one day, but we still think that it has the capacity to do bigger things — life-changing things! It can make an impact for vulnerable people all over the world that lasts much longer than one day.
Now you can pledge your birthday and start your Facebook fundraiser to advocate for those in need through FH!
When you ask your friends and family to donate to Food for the Hungry on your behalf, you’re giving them the opportunity to serve the world’s most vulnerable people right alongside you. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate!
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Click Fundraisers in the menu to the left of your News Feed.
2. Click “Select Nonprofit”.
3. Type “Food for the Hungry” in the search bar and select FH.
4. Fill in the fundraiser details, such as how much you want to raise. We recommend starting anywhere from $500 to $1,000! Then click ‘next’.
5. Give your fundraiser a title and description. Under “why are you raising money,” we encourage you to share a personal story including what you love about FH’s work and why you want others to support your fundraiser. Or you may use the description provided.
6. Choose a cover photo. Click “Create.”
Invite your Facebook friends and family to give to your fundraiser. From the fundraiser, click “Invite”. Click “Invite” next to the friends you want to invite to contribute to your fundraiser.
Don’t forget to share your Facebook fundraiser with friends and family! And if you are pledging your birthday, we’d love to know and send you a thank you. Fill out this form here, and we’ll be in touch!
And of course, happy birthday!
Here are some stories of our favorite fundraisers:
Miss World Guatemala Sells Cupcakes for Kids
Night of Dining for Luminoche
Crafts and Desserts: One Girl’s Inspiring Plan to Raise Money for the Poor
Phoenix Couple Gets Creative to End Poverty