The food shortage in Haiti has gotten worse as waves of political unrest have created a shortage of food, fuel, water, and medical supplies.
- At least 42 people have been killed and 86 injured.
- One FH staff member was robbed; another staff member’s wife passed away due to lack of medical supplies.
- Schools have closed, food is scarce (especially in rural areas), hospitals are impacted.
- Many humanitarian organizations have been hampered in distributing food and other vital aid.
- Roadblocks and violence have prevented people, especially in regions outside the capital, from accessing basic necessities.
Violent protests and turmoil have created a crisis for countless children and families — with life-or-death consequences. They desperately need food — right now.
Today, you can meet these urgent needs — faithfully answering God’s call to respond to suffering — and help save their lives.
Please give a compassionate gift online right now to rush life-saving food and aid to 2,200 families in communities devastated by the riots. And please — whatever you do — hurry!